SANCOLD MEMBERSHIP brings all those involved in the dam industry together. On the international front, members are able to take part in the activities of ICOLD and share in the wealth of information available to its members. The SANCOLD committee arranges educational courses, conferences and site visits. Members of SANCOLD can contribute in the executive committee or through technical and other sub-committees and have a voice in the dam industry.
Membership of SANCOLD also provides opportunities of contact with persons involved in water resources management and development in the SADC Region and also in other parts of Africa.
SANCOLD members are entitled to discounts on registration fees for courses, conferences and other SANCOLD events. Provision is also being made for the inclusion of paid advertisements on this website by SANCOLD Members. SANCOLD Members are also entitled to free downloading of ICOLD publications from the ICOLD website. The SANCOLD Secretary is to be contacted to obtain the ICOLD password.
The SANCOLD membership drive began in earnest from mid-2008. Membership currently registered (2019) stands at:
- Corporate Members 58
- Individual Members 232
Corporate Membership consists of:
- Dam Owners and Operators consisting of all South African dam owners and operators excluding individual private dam owners;
- Institutions defined as those institutions, associations, federations, councils, chambers, government departments, unions and other similar organisations in the water sector; and
- Professional Companies defined as professional companies or firms active in the engineering, environmental, social science, geological, geohydrological and related aspects of the dam and water industry.
Individual Membership consists of:
- Individual professionals older than 18 years of age who are active in the dam industry, individual private dam owners and honorary members;
- Membership of this Group is restricted to private individuals or individuals from companies or institutions with fewer than five professional employees, unless their organisation is a member of Group 1.
- Individuals from organisations with more than five professionals are encouraged to join SANCOLD to have direct access to SANCOLD and to share in the various benefits associated with such membership.