The objectives for SANCOLD were developed during 2010 and have been updated in the light of the various Management Meetings. Some of the proposals have budgetary implications. The proposals for 2015 are:
- Meaningful participation in ICOLD activities and the forthcoming Annual Meeting and Congress 2015.
- Organise the ICOLD Annual Meeting in 2016.
- Preparation of the Publication on SA Dams for ICOLD 2016
- Greater involvement in the region and African Regional Club.
- Promote sponsorships, especially related to ICOLD 2016.
- Strengthen the functioning of the SANCOLD working groups
- Celebration activities for SANCOLD’S 50th Anniversary.
- Attract additional corporate and individual members.
- Strengthen the relationship with the DWS Management and Ministry.
- Advertise a new scholarship for 2016.
- Preparations for the development of a guideline on floods.
- Preparations for the development of a guideline on risk analysis.
- Development of a guideline for the application of geotextiles in embankment dams.
- Preparations for the development of a publication on Your Dam which will focus on the operation and maintenance of small dam and owners of such dams.
- Preparation of a publication on “Ecological Water Reserve”;
- Preparation of a publication on “Your Tailings Dam”;
- Improvement in the dissemination and sales of SANCOLD and ICOLD publications.
- Continued interaction with members particularly via the regular SANCOLD News and the website.
- Promote the sale of advertisements on the website.
- Preparations for the 2015 SANCOLD Annual Meeting which will be held in conjunction with a conference related to dams as well as a visit to a dam.
- Arrangements for a Workshop on Dambreak Analysis.
- Targeted marketing of SANCOLD.
- Promotion of the SANCOLD Young Engineers’ Forum;
- Resolve issue of dam courses by others;