Objectives for SANCOLD were developed during 2020 and have been updated in the light of the various Management Meetings. Some of the proposals have budgetary implications. The proposals are:
1. Meaningful participation in ICOLD activities.
2. Participate in the ICOLD Annual Meeting in 2020.
3. Greater involvement in the region and African Regional Club.
4. Strengthen the functioning of the SANCOLD working groups which relate to our representation on ICOLD Committees.
5. Attract additional corporate and individual members.
6. Strengthen the relationship with the DWS Management and Ministry.
7. Monitor progress of scholarship holders.
8. Develop a SANCOLD Position paper on Floods.
9. Development of a publication on Your Dam which will focus on the operation and maintenance of small dam and owners of such dams.
10. Preparation of a publication on Ecological Water Reserve.
11. Prepare a position paper on Emergency Preparedness Plans (EPP).
12. Finalise and publish the publication on “Your Tailings Dam”.
13. Improvement in the dissemination of SANCOLD and ICOLD publications.
14. Continued interaction with members particularly via the regular SANCOLD News and the website.
15. Update the website and keep it current and promote the sale of advertisements on the website.
16. Develop a marketing strategy with targeted marketing of SANCOLD.
17. Promotion of the SANCOLD Young Person’s Forum (YPF);
18. Identify and prepare for SANCOLD 2020 Annual Event.
19. Organise short half-day workshops and/or courses.
LONGER TERM (subject to input and funding from outside SANCOLD)
20. Support for a Guideline on Blasting Practices.
21. Support for the development of a Guideline on Risk Analysis.